Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.Brené Brown
Join me for a journey on foot around the world.
Q: What makes long distance backpacking come alive?
A: Sharing the experience with others!
Through images, video, sound and stories, I bring you right along with me on trail. You will feel the crunch of volcanic rock under your feet, hear the call of shore birds, smell sweet balsam in a rain forest, touch the bits of gear I carry that sustain me outdoors for weeks on end, and see some of the most marvelous scenery in the world.
Presentations last just about an hour with enough time for questions and discussion. I bring my laptop, cords/cable and a mini speaker to plug right into your set up.
Some possible presentations include:
- Te Araroa, New Zealand’s Long Pathway
- Pacific Crest Trail, from Cascades to Desert
- K2 basecamp and the Karakorum, The Throne Room of the Gods
- Torres del Paine, circling Chile’s Patagonian towers
- Drakensberg Traverse, South Africa and Lesotho’s “Dragon”
- Grande Randonnée Cinq, floating on the French Alps
- At the Speed of Andante, the benefits of taking it slow
- Walking Musicians, composers finding their muse on trail